Time to toss the grater, folks! This is the fastest and easiest way to process ginger.
3 cups of fresh ginger root
- Wash (no need to peel) and cut 2-3 cups of fresh ginger root.
- Place into Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1 and turn machine on.
- Quickly increase speed to variable 10, then High.
- Using the tamper, press the ginger into the blades and blend for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth.
Time Tip: Freeze ginger puree in “mini cube” ice cube trays and store them in labeled freezer bags. Each cube is about 1/2 teaspoon so there no guessing when it comes to measurements. Don’t bother peeling it. The Vitamix is powerful enough to blend the root and the skin so smooth that there are no fibrous strands in the puree. Plan ahead and keep some on hand in the refrigerator for easy mixing.
Money Tip: I looked up Ginger puree on line and it was going for $9 a pound. Fresh ginger root runs about $6-7 . Because of its strong flavor, only a small amount is needed. Keeping it in the freezer means less waste in the refrigerator and the convenient cubes are ready when you are.
2 Comments Add yours
What a great idea! I’ll have to start doing this for my morning smoothies!
It’s amazing! I make a tea out of it and turmeric every morning. I had an ankle injury that wouldn’t heal and it helps with the inflammation.